Scott Shibayama, Esq.
President, CEO, Attorney
Scott Shibayama founded Vision Law® Corporation to create an employment and labor law legal solution for small to medium businesses (500 employees or less). Scott provides Fortune 500 quality legal advice and representation to employers to help them avoid employee problems and stay out of court.
Scott has represented exclusively employers and has done so for over 28 years. He started with Littler Mendelson PC, a large management side law firm where he represented big companies such as Safeway Inc., 24 Hour Fitness, NEC Electronics, Hewlett-Packard Company, Packard Bell/NEC, Pep Boys, State Compensation Insurance Fund, Crystal Bottling Company, Heritage Propane Corporation, Autozone and Elliott Homes. Scott now makes Fortune 500 counsel and representation available to the entrepreneur and small/medium business.
Scott provides friendly advice to his small/medium business clients on all aspects of employment and labor law to keep them out of trouble and avoid employee lawsuits.
And if you’ve already been sued, Scott has a team of experienced litigators to help you get out of the case as soon as possible with the least overall cost. That means aggressive yet cost effective litigation tactics designed to achieve the best possible result.
Areas of Practice (100% Employment & Labor, Representing Employers Only):
- Wage and Hour Law (preventive advice and litigation defense)
- Rest and Meal Period Penalty Defense
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Violations Defense
- Misclassification of Exempt Status Defense
- Pay Stub Violations Defense
- Waiting Time Penalties Defense
- Class Action and PAGA Lawsuit Defense
- Labor Commissioner Claims Defense
- Disability and Medical Leaves of Absence Advice and Claims Defense
- Retaliation and Whistle Blowing Lawsuit Defense
- Wrongful Termination, Discrimination and Harassment Defense
- Independent Contractor Status Advice and Misclassification Defense
- Trade Secrets Protection and Unfair Competition
- Other Protected Employee Leaves Advice and Defense
- At-Will Employment Enforcement
- Employee Handbook Preparation and Review
- Preventing Employee Problems
- California, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1996
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 1994; J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court: National Appellate Advocacy Team (1992-93)
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1987; B.B.A.
- Major: Business/Accounting
- Honors: Dean’s List
Honors and Awards:
- First Runner Up, Best Brief, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 1992 – 1993
- Vision Law® Corporation, Founder/Shareholder, 2001 – present
- Palmer Disario Kazanjian Holden, LLP, Attorney, 2000
- Littler Mendelson, Attorney, 1994 – 2000
- O’Brien/KMI, Information Systems Manager, 1990 – 1991
- KPMG Peat Marwick, Staff Accountant, 1987 – 1990