Scott Shibayama, Esq.
President, CEO, Attorney
Scott Shibayama founded Vision Law® Corporation to create an employment and labor law legal solution for small to medium businesses (500 employees or less). Scott provides Fortune 500 quality legal advice and representation to employers to help them avoid employee problems and stay out of court.
Scott has represented exclusively employers and has done so for over 25 years. He started with Littler Mendelson PC, a large management side law firm where he represented big companies such as Safeway Inc., 24 Hour Fitness, NEC Electronics, Hewlett-Packard Company, Packard Bell/NEC, Pep Boys, State Compensation Insurance Fund, Crystal Bottling Company, Heritage Propane Corporation, Autozone and Elliott Homes. Scott now makes Fortune 500 counsel and representation available to the entrepreneur and small/medium business.
Scott provides friendly advice to his small/medium business clients on all aspects of employment and labor law to keep them out of trouble and avoid employee lawsuits.
Areas of Practice (100% Employment & Labor, Representing Employers Only):
- At-Will Employment
- Class Action
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Leaves
- Employee Policies and Procedures
- Independent Contractors
- Litigation Defense
- Other Tort Claims
- Preventing Problems
- Retaliation and Whistle Blowing
- Trade Secrets
- Unemployment Insurance
- Unfair Competition
- Unlawful Harassment
- Wage and Hour Law
- Wrongful Termination
- California, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1996
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 1994; J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court: National Appellate Advocacy Team (1992-93)
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1987; B.B.A.
- Major: Business/Accounting
- Honors: Dean’s List
Honors and Awards:
- First Runner Up, Best Brief, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 1992 – 1993
- Vision Law® Corporation, Founder/Shareholder, 2001 – present
- Palmer Disario Kazanjian Holden, LLP, Attorney, 2000
- Littler Mendelson, Attorney, 1994 – 2000
- O’Brien/KMI, Information Systems Manager, 1990 – 1991
- KPMG Peat Marwick, Staff Accountant, 1987 – 1990