At Vision Law® Corporation, we believe that California business owners should not have to worry about employee claims or lawsuits. So we have created a simple, common-sense approach to preventing legal challenges and liabilities for your business that’s actually affordable, and won’t get in the way of what’s most important to you – growing your business. We believe it is one of the most innovative legal protection programs ever created for California small and medium businesses.
Call Us: (855) 662-2500 or fill out from below.
In California, all we hear about is “employees’ rights.” Well, what about employers’ rights?
It’s about time we employers took control over our workplaces. Here’s a reminder of what hardworking entrepreneurs and small/medium business owners are entitled to in their workplaces:
- To hire and retain great employees while de-hiring the rest
- To set expectations and expect employees to meet them
- To hold employees accountable to your expectations
- To require employees to show up and do their job
- To expect employees to value the employment you provide at least a little
- To be free from bad attitude entitled employees
- To not feel you are walking on eggshells in your own workplace
- To have confidence in disciplining and terminating employees
- To have a lawsuit-free workplace
- To have an employment lawyer in your back pocket to back you up
All of the above requires knowledge of the laws:
- The law of “at-will” employment, meaning both you and your employee are free to terminate the employment relationship at any time.
- Leave laws – what the law requires – and what it does not – so you can maximize employee time and attendance at work with confidence.
- Wage and hour laws – things that should be simple, such as minimum wage, overtime, rest periods, meal periods, wage statements, timing of payment of final wages, are detailed and complex under California law. Knowing the rules can spare you tons of money and stress.
- Wrongful termination, discrimination, and retaliation laws and knowing how to manage for success or cut your losses while reducing your employee legal risk without your employee setting you up first.
- Trade secret law so you can maximize your protection of your proprietary information and systems and minimize the risk of employee theft of same and unfair competition against your business.
- Class action and representative actions law, and how to protect your business through binding arbitration agreements that can reduce your class action legal risk, especially for wage and hour legal claims.
Vision Law® is offering a FREE 30-minute labor law consultation for California employers.
If your issue has anything to do with labor laws such as legal hiring, firing and discipline, payment of wages, including overtime, rules on rest/meal periods, the Labor Commissioner, the EDD or unemployment insurance, harassment, discrimination and retaliation, employment contracts, leave laws, salary versus hourly, theft of confidential information and trade secrets, independent contractors versus employee status or other employment laws, please request a free consultation.
Client Bill of Rights
Results Oriented Representation
Clients pay us to achieve their goals and objectives, not ours. Vision attorneys focus on and obtain the client’s desired goals/objectives.
High Value Representation
Clients understand that their money is more important to them then making their lawyers rich.
Very outside the box thinking to achieve the desired client result through law or business principles or both.
Cost/Benefit will drive our selection of strategic alternatives based on desired outcomes.
We strive to respond to client inbound communications within ½ business day or less. We meet client deadlines and immediately apprise the client upon determining the deadline is in jeopardy.
We will call clients when they are not expecting us to check how they are doing and to offer to take them out for a free lunch.
Legal problems are serious, but we like to keep our advice and demeanor friendly. We’re your trusted advisors and colleagues, on your team and in your “back pocket.”
High Maintenance Representation
We are proactive. We keep our clients in the loop, we communicate constantly to keep you apprised of what’s going on, so we can meet your expectations and minimize surprises.
Plain English Representation
We communicate legal answers in plain English.
We will return your call within a ½ business day (when requested prior to 11am PST; otherwise, by next business day).